Location: Vancouver, BC.
Due to our increasing success, we are seeking a Site Manager to manage our design build projects across the greater Vancouver area.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing day to day activities on-site throughout the project life cycle and working with the project management team to ensure the successful delivery of the project on time and within budget.
This person should have an excellent track record within the industry, including proven site management and/or general management experience within a commercial environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated person who works well within a team and takes ownership of their assigned responsibilities; be hands on with the ability to identify problems and resolve them in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Help coordinate and manage sub-contractors and labourers.
- Liaise with senior management, project managers and our internal design team.
- Deliver high-value commercial design build and refurbishment projects across a variety of business sectors in the greater Vancouver area.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while adhering to overall deadlines.
- Build relationships with subcontractors, key suppliers, and other companies that support our operations.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the client’s specifications and ensure that all those engaged on the site have up-to-date information and adhere to the project plan.
- Make sure our company policies and procedures are being followed to at all times. Ensure that the quality of work completed meets our high company standards.
- Ensuring all OH&S policies and other regulations are adhered to.
- Be able to efficiently take each project from inception through to completion.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Exceptional organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Have the attention to detail that each project requires.
- Have the ability to deal directly with suppliers and contractors in a professional manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prepare key reports for the Project Manager.
- Reliable, hardworking, strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team.
- You should be familiar with OBC, LEED design and Construction, and Construction Health and Safety standards.
- To fit our core values; be curious, passionate, innovative, dedicated and courageous.
- The ability to travel for extended periods to our different project sites in Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton would be preferred but not necessary.
Perks Of Working With Truspace:
You will enjoy working for a creative company with a highly dedicated management team that has high expectations and believes in your true potential. Attractive compensation package including benefits. Salary will be dependent on experience.
If you’re a hard-working, experienced Site Manager, ready to take your career to the next level in the Vancouver area, please send your resume in confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.